Norfolk Admirals Fan Website ::: NorfolkAdmiralsZone.com Forums
April 17, 2014, 05:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Blogs Help Search Calendar Treasury Chat Login Register Multimedia  
Your Ad Here
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 winter classic Red Wings vs Maple Leafs  (Read 1526 times)
bender
AHL 2nd Line Player

Performance : +1465/-133

United States United States

Mood:

GO Red Wings!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »

It will be held at the "Big House" U of M's football stadium. In 2001 the 'Big Chill at the Big House' and was played at Michigan Stadium, drawing 113,411 fans to attend. (U of M vs Michigan State)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/six-reasons-maple-leafs-vs-red-wings-2013-155419397.html

adsprincess
Forum Elders

Performance : +4505/-2645

Mood:

Norfolk Admirals Fan

AdsPrincess08
AdsPrincess08
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

That is going to be so awesome to see.. they said it will be set up to accomodate 115K observers...

"Hockey wont hold still to give you a better look, you wouldn't want it too anyways. Its the action that makes the possibilities endless"- From HBOs 24/7
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

Your Ad Here
bender
AHL 2nd Line Player

Mood:

GO Red Wings!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »

It is official now!

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/02/09/winter-classic-a-boost-for-detroit/
Won't be able to see much hockey but with over 110,000 Red Wing and Leaf fans having chant battles it is going to be crazy in there.

Comerica Park will host the Wings-Leafs alumni game, as well as matches between teams representing every level of hockey. Over a quarter of a million fans are expected to witness youth, high school, and sled hockey games as well as an AHL tilt between the top farm teams of the Wings and Leafs, and a pair of OHL major junior hockey matches. Plus, the Great Lakes Invitational collegiate tournament featuring Michigan Tech, the University of Michigan, Michigan State and Western Michigan University will move from the Joe Louis Arena to Comerica and be played outdoors there.

This is a picture from the "Big Chill" game U of M vs Michigan State at the big house.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:45:23 PM by bender » Logged
adsprincess
Forum Elders

Performance : +4505/-2645

Mood:

Norfolk Admirals Fan

AdsPrincess08
AdsPrincess08
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »

That is so awesome... I have been to the outside of this stadium, just walked up to the gate when a game and school wasn't in.  I went before the buildings on the side were built... You can only see the top section from the street... you cannot see the real true meaning of "The Big House".  This is going to be exciting just to watch on TV.  I am not a huge fan of either team, but I wish I could go just for how awesome this is going to be

"Hockey wont hold still to give you a better look, you wouldn't want it too anyways. Its the action that makes the possibilities endless"- From HBOs 24/7
Chad O!
Back and Forth AHL/NHL Player

Performance : +1721/-53

Mood:

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »

WOW!  I am looking forward to watching this one.  Not a fan of either team necessarily, but I love the idea of big production hockey.  I may lead to some trickle down positive affects for everyone.
Roman
Assigned to ECHL Affiliate

Performance : +636/-57

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »

I don't see how sitting in that location from the ice is even remotely worth the experience.
ShawnD
NHL Player

Performance : +2026/-144

Mood:

ShawnDulin
ShawnDulin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:19:26 AM »

I don't see how sitting in that location from the ice is even remotely worth the experience.

because you were part of the largest crowd that will EVER attend a hockey game?

@ShawnDulin
Chad O!

Mood:

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:29:11 AM »

Yep.  Sometimes being part of the spectacle is as important as seeing the show.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:29:11 AM »

Your Ad Here
Krestanovich

Performance : +465/-351

Mood:

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »

this is going to be the gayest winter classic ever played, but it would probably be cool to be there. will definitely not be watching this one, especially after how boring the last one was.
Chad O!

Mood:

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:19 AM »

this is going to be the gayest winter classic ever played, but it would probably be cool to be there.

I just wanted to preserve that.  It going to be "the gayest" and yet it would be cool to be there.  Way to Krestanovich a statement.  It's both offensive to a segment of the population and makes no sense at the same time...  Cry

Regarding the last part of your post, I watched a 1-0 hockey game the other night and there were no fights, so by your logic, no future hockey game can rise up to my level of expectation so I should stop watching hockey?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:19 AM »

Your Ad Here
bender
AHL 2nd Line Player

Mood:

GO Red Wings!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »

back on track

Two Original SIX teams both with vocal fan bases. Having it at the BIG House means that there should be enough tickets at a lower price, that real fans will be able to attend. There will be so much more to see hockey wise with all the other games being played at Comerica park:
Wings-Leafs alumni game
Griffins-Marlie's AHL
OHL, youth, high school
The Great Lakes Invitational collegiate tournament featuring Michigan Tech, University of Michigan, Michigan State and Western Michigan University.

For those that have never been and those that have not had one in a while remember to try a Detroit style coney dog. There are other places around the city and likely will be vendors at the events. Here is a link to the more famous places.  

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=jae&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1220&bih=806&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=American+Coney+Island+and+Lafayette+Coney+Island&fb=1&gl=us&hq=American+Coney+Island+and+Lafayette+Coney+Island&ei=gYZGT6nVI4OCgAfOysCHDg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAYQtgM

Ruins of Detroit, some are still there other have been brought down.
http://www.detroityes.com/home.htm
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:46:07 PM by bender » Logged
Krestanovich

Performance : +465/-351

Mood:

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

this is going to be the gayest winter classic ever played, but it would probably be cool to be there.

I just wanted to preserve that.  It going to be "the gayest" and yet it would be cool to be there.  Way to Krestanovich a statement.  It's both offensive to a segment of the population and makes no sense at the same time...  Cry

Regarding the last part of your post, I watched a 1-0 hockey game the other night and there were no fights, so by your logic, no future hockey game can rise up to my level of expectation so I should stop watching hockey?

just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. let me explain it for you: the ACTUAL game will completely suck. but attending the event will probably be a cool experience just for all the stuff that is going on.

regarding your second statement, i don't think you could have grasped at more straws if you tried.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Your Ad Here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: